yet another doc question

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Fri Feb 2 14:44:15 UTC 2018

On Freitag, 2. Februar 2018 09:22:19 CET Jack wrote:

> On 2018.02.02 02:30, Thomas Baumgart wrote:
> > On Donnerstag, 1. Februar 2018 18:45:40 CET Jack wrote:
> > > On 2018.02.01 18:40, Jack Ostroff wrote:

[...]

> > Sort Code is showing the content of the IBAN field of an account.
>
> Is IBAN mainly a European thing, or more just not common in the US?

Not really. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
International_Bank_Account_Number#IBAN_formats_by_country  OK, the US is not
among the countries that use it.

> I suppose at some future point, I might add a section about some of the
> main regional differences that KMM supports.
>
> As time is running out (and I have another commitment for the next few
> hours) I'm going to try to stick to stuff that is important to change -
> mainly things I think will really confuse someone if it doesn't at
> least make clear that it has changed in 5.0.
>
> I figure we will have a series of releases in the next months - a
> combination of bug fixes, polishing new features, and then catching up
> with the manual and the translations.  This is the main reason I am not
> overly worried about not having the manual as complete as I would like
> by freeze time - either end of day today or with a short delay if there
> is anything we really want to include that is not ready quite yet.

I feel the same way. I expect to have more updates during the upcoming months.

> Jack

https://www.telegram.org/       Telegram, the better WhatsApp
If you've got friends that have you thrown out of a plane in mid-air,
you don't need enemies.
(Sebas Kügler on http://vizzzion.org/blog/2010/06/jumped/)