Encryption Nightmare - I can't turn it off

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Dec 2 20:41:20 GMT 2018

Another wild thought.  Rename your old file (unencrypted) to the name
of the one you newly created and see if it still encrypts it while
saving.

Also - when you did "Save as....", after choosing XML as storage type,
don't you get a dialog asking about which encryption key to use?  One
of the choices on that top dropdown should be not to use any key - thus
no encryption.