Encryption Nightmare - I can't turn it off

Brendan Coupe brendan at coupeware.com
Sun Dec 2 19:10:16 GMT 2018

When I moved to 5.0 encryption no longer worked for me. I stopped
encrypting my file and decided to wait since the developers were
working on many issues at the time and I could get around it for the
time being. At the time I was concerned that something in my system
was preventing me from opening an encrypted file, it was not
necessarily a KMM issue.

Last week I decided to try encrypting my file to see if it worked. I
have the old system which has been updated from Fedora 28 to Fedora
29. I also have a brand new Fedora 29 system.

Encryption works fine. When I try to open the encrypted file with KMM
it fails just like it did before. The error is: "Cannot open file as
requested." The details are "Cannot read the file:
/home/bcoupe/KMM/Coupes.kmy
/usr/local/src/kmm/kmymoney-5.0-2018.11.28-09.48.21/kmymoney/plugins/xml/xmlstorage.cpp:148"

This looks like the same error I was getting before. I can easily
decrypt the file manually and then KMM opens it without a problem.

I can live with an unencrypted file until I have time to dig deeply
into this on different systems.

The problem is when I uncheck "Use GPG encryption" in the KMM XML
Storage plugin KMM still encrypts the file every time I save it. I
have to manually decrypt it before I can open it.

Am I missing something or is this a bug?

----
Brendan Coupe