new minor question on layout of home page account summary section

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sun Apr 29 12:16:04 UTC 2018

Hi Jack,

On Dienstag, 24. April 2018 22:10:16 CEST Jack Ostroff wrote:

> I like seeing the Last Reconciled column in the Assets and Liabilities
> Summary on the home page.  However, all the dates are wrapped to two
> lines, and it seems to me there is plenty of room - being used as extra
> padding in other columns, particularly the Current Balance.  Also, it
> seems like the column widths are forced the same for Assets and
> Liabilities, even though in my case, they do not need to be - it turns
> out my Liability account names are all shorter than the longer Asset
> account names.  Are these at all adjustable, or only in the code?
>
> Thanks for any hints or pointers.

The following change in master should fix the date wrap:

https://commits.kde.org/kmymoney/254c19105ca60e490ccdc786036bb1e3bf0ac21f

Since the home page is an HTML view the width of the columns is controlled by
the (builtin) browser. Since we have two different engines depending on the
version of KDE (KWebView and QWebEngineView) this might also be affected by
your local environment. You can check the setting of ENABLE_WEBENGINE using
ccmake to see which version is used (OFF -> KWebView, ON -> QWebEngineView).

The generated HTML code contains some hints on a percentage base for the width
of each column. That indeed is only hard-coded.

So far the generated HTML code is only set inside the view and then discarded.
You could probably add some debug output at the end of
KHomeViewPrivate::loadView() to get a hold of it. AFAIR it might not be human
readable as it is a single line. You may use xmllint to indent and split it
up. YMMV. Then changes to the generating code and some CSS foo may do what you
are looking for. My CSS foo is at the very low end.

https://www.telegram.org/       Telegram, the better WhatsApp
If debugging is the process of removing bugs, then programming
must be the process of putting them in. -- Edsger W. Dijkstra