new minor issue with pre 5.0

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Mon Oct 16 08:55:04 UTC 2017

Hi Jack,

On Sonntag, 15. Oktober 2017 18:09:06 CEST Jack wrote:

> [is there any better way to refer to a version compiled from git head
> master branch?]
> [will we add a kmymoney5 as a bugzilla option, or should we just change
> kmymoney4 to kmymoney, perhaps after release of 5.0?]

We need to clean this up. It is a bit unstructured right now. I only look at
the kmymoney4 product (don't know where the one w/o number comes from). I
expect tickets against master to have master as the version. If a specific
sha1 is important, one could mention that in the ticket itself.

> Just in case it matters, I'm installing into a local area, setting a
> number of KDE environment variobles, and then running kbuildsyscoca5.
> I'm doing this so I can have both 4.8.0 and the new version installed
> at the same time.  This gives an error 'kf5.kservice.sycoca: The
> service type config file
> "kservicetypes5/kmymoney-nationalaccountnumberplugin.desktop"  does not
> contain a ServiceType=... entry.'
>
> That file is under the share folder under the install folder and it
> does include "ServiceType=KMyMoney/NationalAccountNumberPlugin"
> However, all other .desktop files in that directory have a
> X-KDE-ServiceType= entry but not a ServiceType= entry.  Is this perhaps
> a typo?  Adding a line with X-KDE-ServieType= does silence the error
> message.  I don't think I can test the actual functionality that this
> refers to, so I can't be sure if there is actually any effect.

First of all: this specific plugin can be removed. It used to work with German
banks only and only as long as the IBAN was not mandatory. This is the case
now for quite some time and you are not allowed to use the old national number
scheme anymore. I thought I have removed it, but I might be mistaken.

Anyway, the "ServiceType=" vs. "X-KDE-ServiceType=" question still may remain
for the other plugins as well. I thought I have changed that in Randa with
Bushan Shah, though. I have no expertise/knowledge about the whole plugin
system, so I cannot provide answers. Anyone else can?

Thomas

https://www.telegram.org/       Telegram, the better WhatsApp
Two of the most famous products of Berkeley are LSD and UNIX.
I don't think that this is a coincidence. (anonymous)