using KMM in Mageia 6

Michael Berger idest at online.de
Fri Oct 13 11:52:55 UTC 2017

Dear all,

some weeks ago I run into a terrible data mix after updating KMM to the
latest available version (not sure anymore which version that was). I
was then using Mageia 6.

I reported this problem to Thomas who eventually confirmed my findings.

After some nightly painful repair I managed to recover almost all of my
data (had to do one or two fake entries) and was able to continue my
work in KMM 4.7.2 now using openSUSE Leap 42.2. That is working
perfectly since then.

Just now I installed KMM 4.8.0 (KDE 4.14.35) in Mageia 6 as this is my
favorite.
After removing a number of double entries and restarting KMM I found my
files to be identical in both, Mageia 6 and openSUSE Leap.

I hope this is good news for users who faced the same problem. Was I
perhaps the only one?

Thanks Thomas for this great application!
Michael