MS.Reputation.1 and Kmymoney

Chris DeveloperChris at rebel.com.au
Sat May 13 02:16:05 UTC 2017

Just ran the the software through virustotal

Interesting it shows 4 infections. again these are false positives

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/96ce348d0e8176a65880767338723a40313419221d924b2547cb6f32a50c20c6/analysis/

A false positive is when a antivirus detects code that it believes is code
used by an virus.

Unfortunately because viruses share a lot of real code with real
applications unless the antivirus vendor is very careful this shared code
can trigger a warning in completely safe software (such as kmymoney).

In the scan linked above we have the file tested against 60 different
antivirus products of which 4 have a false positive. if there was a real
virus many more than 4 would be triggered.

Chris
Rebel Software <http://www.rebel.com.au>