Current master (KF5) crashes on closing.

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Mon Jan 23 07:07:51 UTC 2017

Hi all,

On Sunday 22 January 2017 22:50:14 aga wrote:

> I get "Segmentation fault (core dumped)" on closing KMM.

I saw the same here yesterday but did not have the time to analyze where that
might come from.

@Allen: did you ever use 'git bisect'? Might be worth to look into it to see
where this crash on exit was introduced. Any output on this would be very
welcome (just don't have the time to do it myself).

> At first, I thought it occurred if the CSV importer had been loaded, and
> spent a long time trying to diagnose and solve it, without success.
> This was initially using a clone from around 21 November.
>
> Having today updated, again it crashes after the importer has been
> loaded, but I then disabled the plugin via Settings. Then on closing,
> again it crashes, but after a restart, no crash. However, still with the
> plugin disabled, it again will crash on closing, if the KMM config menu
> is opened and closed with nothing touched. And again on restart, but not
> at the second attempt.
>
> Then I opened the File menu, but made no selection.  On closing, no
> crash.  Then open and close KMM.  No crash, nor on another restart, but
> then it did crash on the next restart. Open the File menu and reload the
> current file, then close, it's OK, but the next restart crashes.
>
> I'm wondering if it might be to do with saving settings?
>
> There is a crash dump, which is unhelpful to me, but no back trace.  In
> fact, I haven't seen one of those for ages, for any crash, in fact
> possibly since 4.8.
>
> Allan

Testing can only prove the presence of bugs, not their absence.
 -- Edsger W. Dijkstra, 1969