libalkimia version questions

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sun Aug 27 08:59:00 UTC 2017

Jack,

On Samstag, 26. August 2017 16:16:08 CEST Jack wrote:

> Am I correct that KMM 4.x requires libalimia < 6.0.0 and git master
> requires >= 6.0.0?

Yes.

> Can these two versions of libalkimia coexist, or not?  I know one can
> be installed outside the main system area, and the version of KMM that
> need it can be pointed to it, but wanted to be sure that was
> necessary.  (In Gentoo terminology, can the two versions be in
> different slots?)

Not sure, someone has to check and verify.

> Where is the "official" home of libalkimia?  All the Gentoo resources
> seem to point to
> "http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php/libalkimia?content=137323" which
> has a most recent date of 2012.

To my knowledge that would be on https://download.kde.org/stable/alkimia/
5.0.0/src/libalkimia-5.0.0.tar.xz which is dated Dec 2015.

For the newer KF5 based versions, we don't seem to have a tarball but only the
repo.

https://www.telegram.org/       Telegram, the better WhatsApp
In a world without walls and fences,
who needs windows and gates?