Rounding Error with Taxes

Gee Backhouse geebackhouse at gmail.com
Mon Aug 7 11:01:52 UTC 2017

Hello,

Firstly, thank you for a great product which I use and love.

And now, my problem.

I am having to consider tax (VAT) for the first time in Kmymoney and have
found a rounding error. I followed the excellent instructions in your pdf
manual and they work like a dream until there's a number that it is unable
to resolve.

*Example*: I am entering the gross amount of 17.07 and the associated tax
amount is 20%.
On a calculator 17.07 gives 14.225 + 2.845
In Kmymoney 17.07 gives 14.22 + 2.84 (automatically as shown in the
attached). So, Kmymoney appears to round each value down and leave me with
a discrepancy - which I am also unable to override manually.

Can you help?

Many thanks. Yours hopefully,

Gee