New OFX direct connect problem (BOA)

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Sep 9 16:39:00 UTC 2016

On 2016.09.09 10:24, Thomas Baumgart wrote:
> On Thursday 08 September 2016 21:00:19 Jack wrote:
>
>> I've been downloading transactions for my Bank of America credit
>> card for months without problems, until a week or two ago, when I
>> started getting "The file or folder eftx.bankofamerica.com does not
>> exist."

I'd like to know exactly where this error comes from, and which file or
folder it can't find (or perhaps there is a permission problem?

> I just checked that data and get
>
> ;; ANSWER SECTION:
> eftx.bankofamerica.com. 3600    IN      CNAME   eftx.ecglb.bac.com.
> eftx.ecglb.bac.com.     30      IN      A       171.161.207.77
yes, I see the same.

> which looks OK to me. Something is also responding there and says:

> <title>501 Method Not Implemented</title>
> </head><body>
> <h1>Method Not Implemented</h1>
>
> in case I send some garbage.
>
> The output of
> https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=eftx.bankofamerica.com
> also
> looks OK to me.
>
> Can you turn on logging using the ~/ofxlog.txt feature?
Sorry, I did and forgot to mention - no response:

</OFX>
response:

Completed

so it doesn't look like anything is coming back.  Doing a traceroute
shows inconsistent results, but never a reply from the final host,
although it could be configured to not respond to pings.

> Doesn't mapping the account require to login to the bank? So in case
> you can do that, the transmission seems to be working. I am also
> wondering, which error is shown during 'Show error message'.
No error from mapping the account, which I assume does go to the same
server.  There is just this single popup with the error, but no button
other than OK.

> Strange.
Yes - that's why I was wondering if anyone else has seen this, or if
anyone else can confirm they are successfully getting BOA credit card
transactions through ofx direct download.