More libalkimia problems/questions was: problems compiling 4.8 on system with both qt4 and qt5

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Oct 22 18:02:47 UTC 2016

On 2016.10.17 02:44, Ralf Habacker wrote:
> Am 17.10.2016 um 00:52 schrieb Jack:
> > Something Alan sent me made me look and think it might have been
> > because alkimia was compiled with qt5, but I'm no longer sure about
> that.
> alkimia >= 5.0.0 fetches Qt5 dependencies into a project using it. You
> need to revert alkimia to  version <= 4.3.2. Another option would be
> (re)add Qt4 support to recent alkimia.
>
> Ralf

I realized that converting libalkimit >= 5.0.0 to use QT4 is probably
not as good a solution as I was thinking, as it would be a conversion,
not an addition, so that version would still not be good for the
frameworks version of KMM.

So, I figured I would installing 4.3.2 somewhere out of my main tree,
and point cmake for 4.8 git heat to that version.  However, nothing I
have tried has worked - it keeps finding the version of libalkimia from
it's git head (under/usr) instead.  Oddly, it looks like CMakeLists.txt
has a test and should fail for libalkimia >= 6.0.0 but it claims it
finds 6.0.9 but is not failing.  Is this a cmake bug, or am I not
understanding something?

I have tried setting CMAKE_PREFIX_DIR (and several variations) both as
an environment variable and with -D, and I have tried setting
LibAlkimia_DIR, but cmake is either ignoring them, or not finding what
it wants.  Is perhaps part of the problem that prior to 5.0.0,
libalkimia only produce a FindLibAlkimia.cmake and not and
....Config.cmake?

For now, I will uninstall the more recent libalkimia from my main tree
and install the older version, but I'd prefer to have all the
frameworks related stuff in my main tree, and any remnant KDE4 stuff
that cannot coexist installed elsewhere.  On that note, I don't know if
it is inherent to the alkimia install or to the gentoo ebuild that the
qt4/kde4 qt5/frameworks versions cannot be installed at the same time,
since several of the files have identical names in both.

Am I just trying the impossible?