still problems with libofx/clientuuid

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Oct 3 15:55:54 UTC 2016

On 2016.10.03 02:20, Thomas Baumgart wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Monday 03 October 2016 02:33:49 jeffjl at outlook.com wrote:
>
> > On Sunday, October 2, 2016 9:31 PM, Jack wrote:
> > > I could see the clientuid box on the ofx details page, I
> couldn't enter
> > > anything
>
> > If the box cannot be edited, it seems that the KMM build did not
> recognize
> > that libofx supports CLIENTUID, and so disabled the box. And if
> that's
> > true, then even if you hand edit the KMM file to add the CLIENTUID,
> KMM
> > won't pass it to libofx because it thinks it's not supported.
>
> Well, the detection was fine, but the build environment did not tell
> the
> cmopiler about it. This is now fixed in the 4.8 branch.
>
> While I was at it, I added a clientuid field to the setup wizard. Can
> someone
> test that please? I don't have such an account at hand.
That all makes sense.  Hopefully I'll be able to test later today.
Definitely on Linux (Gentoo) possibly on Windows, although I have had
all sorts of strange problems with the KDE emerge build system.  I'm
also close to getting it build under Cygwin.

> > As an aside, the CLIENTUID detection during config did not work for
> me on my
> > Windows build (it says "No" support). I figured it was a Windows
> problem,
> > so I just edited my copy of the KMM source to use CLIENTUID anyway.
> Look
> > for #ifdef/#ifndef LIBOFX_HAVE_CLIENTUID in the ofximport folder.
>
> Well, how would one fix the detection on windows. We do use cmake
> features to do that.
I got far enough on Windows that cmake did say yes to libofx and
clientuid - I'll have to reconfirm that.  It did take me a while to get
a sufficiently updated libofx.