still problems with libofx/clientuuid

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Oct 2 21:31:21 UTC 2016

On 2016.10.02 16:47, Jack wrote:
> I finally managed to install libofx-0.9.11.  Running cmake on KMM git
> head from the 4.8 branch says yes to both libofx and using
> clientuuid.  Unfortunately, when I try to map my Chase account, I
> just get the error about needing to confirm the account at the Chase
> website.  Looking at the OFX log, I see no mention of CLIENTUID.  I
> am also currently unable to find where in the GUI the id is visible.
> (I have found it as kmm-id in the keyvaluepairs within the kmm file.)
>
> Thanks for any pointers or suggestions as to what I'm missing.

I feel like I'm in a "catch-22" situation (for those that understand
the reference).  My Chase account is currently mapped with aqbanking.
I want to unmap it and then remap it with KMM-ofx (libofx).  Unless I
misunderstand something, it appears that the clientuid box only appears
once the account is mapped.  It also appears that until you enter
something in that box, KMM does NOT send a clientuid to the server.
This means an attempt to map a Chase account will simply fail.  I
suppose I can manually edit my kmy file, using the mapping details from
a backup from last year when the account was still mapped with libofx.
However, I tried opening one of those files in the new KMM, and
although I could see the clientuid box on the ofx details page, I
couldn't enter anything, so I'm not hopeful that would actually work.

Any other ideas?

Thanks.