error compiling gwenhywfar for qt5

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Tue May 31 21:12:56 UTC 2016

I'm still waiting to see what the official Gentoo response will be to
get gwenhywfar to include qt5.  I did find some configure hand-waving
which made it work.  Gwenhywfar already has a "--guis='x y z'"
configure parameter, but just adding qt5 isn't enough.  The one thing I
discovered is that many of the qt related utilities (at least under
Gentoo) are actually symlinks to a program qtchooser, which calls the
appropriate version, based either on a command line flag (--qt=5 or
--qt=4) or else something in the environment.  (so "moc --qt=4" or "moc
--qt=5 as appropriate)  Simply adding --qt5-moc='moc --qt=5' to the
configure was not quite enough but I'd have to go dig up the script I
used to get the final bit that finally worked.

More details on Gentoo - the actual utilities are under
/usr/lib/qt/qt4/ and /usr/lib/qt/qt5/ so they can still have the same
name - it is qtchooser which dispatches the correct one.

Also - the error I got about not finding <QDialog> was indeed because
it was still using the qt4 version of qmake (I think.)  Once I got the
qt5 stuff properly included, that problem went away.

Jack