[solved, at least temporarily] error compiling gwenhywfar for qt5

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Mon May 23 23:19:09 UTC 2016

On 2016.05.23 17:52, Jack wrote:
> On 2016.05.18 16:26, Jack wrote:
>> Under Gentoo, the ebuild for gwenhywfar-4.15.3 did not have any
>> reference to qt5, which is clearly needed for KDE Frameworks.
>> Including qt5 in the guis to be built looks good until compiling
>> gui/qt5/qt5dialogbox.cpp which includes qt5dialogbox.hpp, which has
>> a line "#include <QDialog>" which fails with
>> "qt5dialogbox.hpp:16:19: fatal error: QDialog: No such file or
>> directory".  QDialog is indeed present under /usr/lib/qt5/QTWidgets/
>> so I don't see why it shouldn't find it.
>
>> However, looking at the Makefile in the qt5 directory, I see a line
>>  qt4_includes = -I/usr/include/qt4 -I/usr/include/qt4/Qt
>> -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui
>> but no equivalent line for qt5.  I can't tell if this is something
>> missing, or if qt5 has new ways of finding stuff.  I also don't
>> believe I'm the first person to hit this issue, so I'm quite willing
>> to believe it's some problem in my configuration.
>
> In case it triggers any ideas, I've tracked this down a bit further.
> There is actually an error message above the failure I listed above -
> coming from the fact that the build does not have a value for
> qt5_moc, even if I pass "--with-qt5-moc=/usr/lib64/qt5/bin/moc to
> ./configure.  (I've also tried various combinations of dash and
> underscore, in case there is a typo somewhere replacing one with the
> other.)  I'm assuming this is working correctly for other folks, so I
> doubt it is a failure in the source code, but more likely a
> configuration issue on my part.

I found another error in the configure output showing it simply was not
finding any hint of Qt5.  Passing '--with-qt5-qmake="qmake -qt=5"
--with-qt5-moc="moc -qt=5"' to ./configure allowed it to configure and
compile successfully.

With that done, I was able to compile KMM, but I'll save those issues
for a new thread.