plugin development help

Przemek Kamiński cgenie at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 05:32:43 UTC 2016

This is what my question was about. I do have the rc file (see the repo I linked to). Problem is that I don't want to install it into system directory when developing. I tried to run it with
KDEBASE=/tmp ./kmymoney
but with no success.
P.

Sent using CloudMagic Email [https://cloudmagic.com/k/d/mailapp?ct=ti&cv=7.4.15&pv=9.2&source=email_footer_2]
On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 11:48 PM, aga <agander93 at gmail.com> wrote:

On 21/03/16 19:47, Przemysław Kamiński wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to add Lua scripting support to KMyMoney as a plugin. This
> is what I have as a draft:
>
> https://github.com/CGenie/kmymoney/tree/4.7-lua-plugin/kmymoney/plugins/lua
>
> One question -- when I compile KMyMoney and install it into some /tmp
> directory -- does the kmymoney bin have to be executed in some special
> way? I mean I add an .rc file to add 'Lua...' to the Tools menu, I guess
> it has to find that .rc file somehow. If I just run
> /tmp/usr/bin/kmymoney the menu entry is not there.
>
> Regards,
> Przemek

Where .rc files get installed is specified in the CMakeLists.txt file.
Generally, /usr/share/kde4/apps/<yourpluginname>/.

What is needed is something on the lines of
kmymoney/kmymoney/plugins/csvimport/kmm_csvimport.rc.

"<!DOCTYPE kpartgui>
<kpartgui name="kmymoneyplugin-csvimporter" version="0">
<MenuBar>
<Menu name="file">
<Menu name="import" append="import_merge">
<Action name="file_import_csv" />
</Menu>
</Menu>
</MenuBar>
</kpartgui>
", which you'd need to adjust.

There are some tutorials like
"https://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Services/Plugins".
I haven't tried this for some while so cannot guarantee all is OK, but
it should give you a start.

Also, have a look at the csvimporter plugin, which I cobbled together
from various sources.

Read them thoroughly to get an understanding. You know where we are.