consistency check strangeness

aga agander93 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 12:04:13 UTC 2016

On 01/03/16 01:32, Jack wrote:
> I'm currently getting lots of message from the consistency check that I
> do not have a stock price set on or before the opening date of the
> account (presumably the account of the equity itself, not the investment
> account.)  In all cases I have checked so far, there is a buy
> transaction on that opening date, but there is no transaction based
> price for that date (or on any other date for that price,  when I have
> looked.)  I have been able to fix this by editing the transaction and
> saving it without making any changes.  That creates the transaction
> based price for that date.  I'm pretty sure that those errors have not
> been present since I imported those transactions (mostly in 2009 and
> 2010) but I don't really know when they showed up.  (I often have at
> least a few of those messages, and have historically dealt with them in
> batches, so I don't always look at them in detail.)
>
> I can think of several ways this could happen, but none of them make
> much sense.  I'm pretty sure I have had periods of no messages from
> consistency check since adding/importing at least some of those
> transactions, so it is not likely I have simply forgotten those messages
> have always been present.  I can't imagine the program deleting any or
> all of those prices, since there is nothing in common, except that they
> are for the initial buy transactions.  I don't think the date of all or
> even any of those transactions have been changed, but in a few cases, I
> don't see a price for exactly the buy price, even on a different date.
>
> Can anyone think of anything I might be missing, or is my memory simply
> dissolving faster than I realized?
>
> Jack

This could actually go back several years.  I found that the price for a
Buy transaction was not entered into the prices table,and I did a fix
for it, although I cannot actually trace the fix.  I don't know when
this check was implemented in the consistency checker.  It could have
been some while later.