unexpected presence of a payee in an investment transaction

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jun 15 15:22:22 UTC 2016

I think you do understand.  I don't see the Payee name displayed
anywhere in the transaction, thus no way to change/remove it.  It is
obviously there, since the transaction shows up in the Payee view, and
"go to payee" does appear in the context menu of the transaction in the
ledger view of the investment account.

I can probably get an ofx file (the original was likely direct
connect), and I suppose I could rename that payee to something
completely different, and see if a re-import includes the renamed
payee.  However, it does seem that the original issue happened long
ago.  I don't think I'd call the file corrupt, as it seems otherwise
internally consistent, it just seems to have a payee assigned for an
investment transaction, which may have once been done, but should no
longer be the case.  I probably won't do anything about it until I at
least look into the kmy file to see if I can find any concrete evidence.