Fix for OFX direct downloads?

Michael Wolfe wolfemi1 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 00:14:30 UTC 2016

All,

There was a discussion going on around December of last year regarding
OFX direct downloads (specifically with Chase Bank) that used the UID
field in their OFX transactions.  Link is here:

https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kmymoney/2015-December/002337.html

I know that someone had made a quick fix that allowed one to set the UID
in the account settings and use direct connect, but I just got version
4.8 for Windows and that feature isn't included.

Is there any way I could get this working?  It's a newly urgent issue
because Chase just removed the option to do OFX downloads indirect, and
their QIF downloads aren't formatted properly.  I'm open to trying to
build on Windows if someone can point me to a list of what I'll need to
do so (I have Windows 10, sadly), or I could take a longer time and set
up a Linux Virtual Machine again.

-Mike