Citibank Visa OFX Problem

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Jul 17 22:53:51 UTC 2016

On 2016.07.17 18:39, Brendan Coupe wrote:
> Nothing shows up on the command line that explains what is happening.
>
> It's a new bank and a new credit card so I'd prefer to leave it as a
> new
> account in KMM. I guess I could just treat it as "Costco Credit
> Card". I've
> thought about this with my other credit card that seems to be replaced
> every 8 to 12 months for the past several years. The move to a new
> account
> is always painful.
>
> Since it's impossible to get the banks to follow the standard (don't
> get me
> started on Charles Schwab) it seems to me that KMM should be doing 2
> things. It should discard all transactions prior to the starting date
> that
> it requests from the bank and it should discard all transactions
> prior to
> the opening date of the account. The download may still take a while
> since
> I'm getting everything but KMM can toss most of it out.
>
> I normally run from that latest source. I have 2 scripts that make it
> very
> easy to download, compile and install the very latest. I had to stop
> using
> them when KMM switched to the KF5 version since it does not handle OFX
> files yet.
>
> Can I change the path in my script to get 4.8? It's currently git://
> anongit.kde.org/kmymoney.
>
> Thanks.
>

> *----Brendan*

> card
> >
> > I have this same problem with my Citi card.  Sometimes it actually
> uses
> > the dates in the OFX request, but most of the time it returns every
> single
> > transaction for the last (I think) 2 years. (I've had the card for
> longer
> > than 2 years.) I tried modifying the OFX request and could not find
> the
> > magic words to make it work properly.
> >
> > In my case KMM would take about 2 or 3 minutes importing and trying
> > match all those transactions, and as I recall, I would usually have
> > manually fix/delete and/or re-accept the payment transfers.
> >
> > This won't help you, but I got tired of it and modified my copy of
> the
> > KMM statement importer to ignore transactions prior to the "Start
> date of
> > import" in the account's online settings.
> >
> > Jeff

git includes both versions.  It's just that master is now the KF5
version, and 4.8 is in it's own branch.  If you do "git branch -a" you
will see which branch you need to checkout.  Note that we have NOT yet
"switched" to Frameworks - the official current release is 4.8, but all
developer effort is going to complete the switch.  Progress is
certainly being made, but there is no official timeline.

Also note, that OFX downloads do work in the frameworks version.  (I
have tested with my bank, BOA credit card, and Merrill Lynch investment
accounts.)  However, you cannot map an online account yet.

For your other suggestions, it is probably best to put them in new
wishlist items on bugs.kde.org.  I would probably word both as requests
for all imports, not just OFX, although I suppose honoring the starting
date request would only apply to online imports for OFX and (I think,
but am not sure) aqbanking.