aqbanking questions

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Jan 29 03:43:30 UTC 2016

On 2016.01.28 21:02, Jeff Barlow wrote:
> An okay workaround that I use is to just log in to the Chase site
> with Firefox and download the ofx file and then import it into KMM.
> It's a few more mouse clicks but no big deal.
>
> On 01/28/2016 05:52 PM, Michael Wolfe wrote:
>> I have a similar question: is it possible to enable aqbanking on the
>> Windows version of KMyMoney?  I have the same issue with Chase, and
>> in
>> the absence of a fix for libofx and a new KMM build I'm unable to
>> update
>> automatically.  I've been told that by them too that I need to do an
>> automatic download correctly by sometime early this year (March I
>> think)
>> or else.... I assume something bad happens.

It's not simply a few more mouse clicks.  It's logging in to the chase
site and then selecting the download and specifying the dates, and then
downloading the file, and then importing it in KMM.  Updating an
account is one click once that account is open in ledger view.  I do
admit that for me, it reall is more an issue of principle than the
actual effort involved.  I'm coming closer and closer to just closing
all my Chase credit cards (mine and my wife's) and the only thing
slowing me down is figuring the competition isn't likely to actually be
any more friendly to non-proprietary software (i.e., KMM instead of
Quicken).