aqbanking questions

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Mon Feb 1 14:49:46 UTC 2016

Hi,

On Monday 01 February 2016 14:46:20 Christian Dávid wrote:

> Am Donnerstag, 28. Januar 2016, 16:51:35 schrieb Jack:
> > First, is there any way to make aqbanking remember the password?  It
> > prompts every time, and I don't see any boxes or settings.
>
> No, there is no option to save the password permanently. This is currently
> indented as most banks forbid the use of such functions. But we can discuss
> if we should support that anyway (see also Bug/Wishlist 339653).

Yep.

> > Also, is
> > there any way to make it FORGET the password?  I just mistyped a
> > password, but if I try to update the account again, it uses the wrong
> > password I just typed.
>
> This is also a known issue. I am still not sure how to fix it (Bug 344330).
> For sure I won't add a feature to manually delete the password cache –
> KMyMoney should automatically detect if a password was rejected and mark it
> invalid.

Makes sense. That's how AqBanking handles passwords AFAIR.

> > Second, is there any way to make it actually put the memo from the
> > downloaded transaction into the memo of the KMM transaction?
>
> I am using the HBCI plugin of aqbanking. There the memo is imported
> correctly. If that is not the case for QIF imports, that is a bug (pretty
> sure it is in KMyMoney).

I am also using the HBCI plugin and don't see this issue. Since the interface
between AqBanking and KMyMoney does not change depending on the interface
between AqBanking and the online banking service I doubt that this is a
KMyMoney issue (but would not be surprised if it is at the same time).

> > If these are actually issues with aqbanking and not with KMM's use of
> > it, where should I bring them up?  Would it be the aqbanking mailing
> > list?
>
> Well, at the moment this are all issues we should or must fix on KMyMoney
> side. The aqbanking mailing list would be the address for any upstream
> issues.

Except that one issue I was writing about above. The AqBanking ML would be the
correct sink for such requests, but the AqBanking developer is subscribed to
our list as well, so he hopefully reads this discussion.

The words GUESS and KNOW when used in the context of
flying may produce entirely opposite results.