Puzzled by import matching

aga agander93 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 12:57:58 UTC 2016

I'm importing the following CSV transaction -

Date	     Transaction type	      Description	       Paid out	 Paid in
Balance
30 Nov 2015  Bank credit F&C DST PMT  Bank credit F&C DST PMT		 £4.87
£2403.47

What then shows in the checking account is

F&C Strategic Bond Dist (Dividend)

On editing, what shows is

the payee F&C DISTRIBUTION
and
Split transaction

_DivX                         8.43
F&C:F&C Strategic Bond Dist   0.00  (This is a category that does not exist)
Sum of splits                 8.43
Unassigned                   -8.43
Transaction amount            0.00

The 8.43 has no connection with this transaction, but appears in the
previous transaction in the account.

If I delete the second split, the correct payee now shows in the
checking account - F&C DISTRIBUTION.
I'm given the choice of leaving the amount as 0.00 or changing it to the
invalid 8.43.  The correct amount is nowhere to be seen.

Am I missing something?