KMM 4.7.2 is VERY SLOW (unusable)

Louis-Philippe Allard lp.allard.1 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 19:05:16 UTC 2016

Hello maillist, I am VERY sorry if this email made it to the list, but
I cannot confirm it did (I searched the archives and my archive
folders) and I have not heard back at all so I assume my first attempt
was not successful (I had firewall issues at that time so..).

Again I apologize if I am bumping this topic.

Since I migrated to 4.7.2 from 4.6.2, KMM became extremely slow, to
the point of not being able to produce any significant work.  Every
click of the mouse takes between 5 & 10 seconds no matter what I am
is noticeably slower when in the Accounts page but overall, its slow
to the point that it becomes frustrating to use it.  For example,
opening a report takes almost a minute,,,,

I eliminated database problems with a replication to another DB, then
using 4.6.2 on this replicated DB, it is much much faster and snappier
(when I do something something happens).

I noticed KMM 4.7.2 is fast for a few minutes when I start it back up,
but after that delay, it becomes hellish.

CPU and RAM are comfortably low (<10% CPU, RAM < 1.5GB) but
nevertheless, I noticed CPU is always between 7-10% unless I do
nothing at all (let it alone).

Is there a debug mode or something I could do to pinpoint the source
of this extreme lack of performance?  Has anybody else noticed 4.7.2
being notoriously slower than previous releases?

Searching the KDE bugs, BUG 360874[1] seems to be similar or somewhat
related to what I am experiencing, except that I am running on Linux
Mint 17.3.  Workstation has quad core AMD Phenom II X4 965 at 3.4GHz,
and 12GB DDR3-1600 RAM.

Thanks

Links:
------