Problems building kmymoneywidgets.so

Mitch Frazier mitch at comwestcr.com
Wed Apr 13 02:59:48 UTC 2016

I've cloned kmymoney from the git repository and it builds fine, but when I
try to enable the USE_QT_DESIGNER option I get numerous linker errors when
it tries to link kmymoneywidgets.so.  A couple representative errors are
pasted below.  After looking at the code and the errors a bit and seeing
that "kmymoney" is defined in main.cpp, it appears to me that this is an
option that has not been maintained and is currently unusable.  Is that
correct, or should this option be buildable?

Mitch

[100%] Linking CXX shared module ../../lib/kmymoneywidgets.so
../../lib/libdialogs.a(transactioneditor.cpp.o): In function
`TransactionEditor::resizeForm()':
/home/mitch/projects/kmymoney/kmymoney/dialogs/transactioneditor.cpp:771:
undefined reference to `typeinfo for TransactionEditorContainer'
../../lib/libdialogs.a(keditscheduledlg.cpp.o): In function
`KEditScheduleDlg::startEdit()':
/home/mitch/projects/kmymoney/kmymoney/dialogs/keditscheduledlg.cpp:203:
undefined reference to `kmymoney'
../../lib/libconverter.a(mymoneyqifreader.cpp.o): In function
`MyMoneyQifReader::checkCategory(QString const&, MyMoneyMoney const&,
MyMoneyMoney const&)':