[Kmymoney-devel] Required packages for MySQL connection

Christian Dávid christian-david at web.de
Wed Oct 21 19:21:13 UTC 2015

Am Dienstag, 20. Oktober 2015, 19:55:57 schrieb Louis-Philippe Allard:
> I managed to find that package a bit before you replied but Im glad you
> did.  I wonder why installing kmymoney on a centos-fedora-rhel machine
> doesnt automatically install qt-mysql as a dependency?
>
> Perhaps its a package maintainer's decision since qt-mysql is not
> "technically" a dependency since its not required to run KMM....?

You are right, it is the package maintainer's  decision — and I like his
decision. For qt-mysql you need the MySQL Database Server installed. KMyMoney
supports several database servers, so if you install MySQL you should install
them, too. Anyway, there is no use installing them — most users will use no
database at all.

Btw: the file backend is way better than the one for databases (e.g. a lot
faster).

Greetings
Chris