[Kmymoney-devel] Required packages for MySQL connection

Louis-Philippe Allard lp.allard.1 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 23:55:57 UTC 2015

  Hello Chris,

I managed to find that package a bit before you replied but Im glad you
did.  I wonder why installing kmymoney on a centos-fedora-rhel machine
doesnt automatically install qt-mysql as a dependency?

Perhaps its a package maintainer's decision since qt-mysql is not
"technically" a dependency since its not required to run KMM....?

Cheers

Quoting Christian Dávid <christian-david at web.de>:

> Am Montag, 19. Oktober 2015, 17:54:48 schrieb Louis-Philippe Allard:
>> I have installed KMM 4.6.6 on a Centos 7 workstation and I discovered
>> that
>> in the open database dialog, the only database type listed is "QSQLITE -
>> SQLite Version 3" and MySQL is not listed.
>>
>> Which package do I need to install to get connectivity to MySQL?
>
> It should be "qt-mysql" (according to
> http://centos-packages.com/7/package/qt-mysql/ ).
>
> GreetingsChris
  Louis-Philippe Allard