[Kmymoney-devel] Consistency Check for opening dates

Christian Dávid christian-david at web.de
Wed Oct 21 19:08:36 UTC 2015

Hello,

for a while now I receive such consistency check errors:

  * Transaction 'T000000000000000112' has a post date '⟨date⟩' before one of
the referenced account's opening date.
    Referenced accounts: ⟨account name⟩
    The post date was not updated to '⟨date from above +3 days⟩'.
[…]
Finished: 0 problems corrected. 2 problems still present.

I think this error is not useful for the user. Mainly because the long id is
shown – to normal users this is the only place to meet this id, so it is
absolutely useless. We should change that (I can do that).

However, I wanted to ask if we should stick to this message? KMyMoney can
handle this situation very well, so why should we care?

Is there a way to show this message only if you start the check manually (Tool
-> Consistency Check)?

Greetings
Christian