[Kmymoney-devel] KF5 release

Jack ostroffjh at frontier.com
Sat Nov 21 16:43:16 UTC 2015

On 2015.11.20 06:37, Szőts Ákos wrote:
> Dear Developers,
>
> Since August 2015 KMail & co. for KDE Frameworks 5 is available for
> openSUSE
> users and I think for other distribution users, too.
>
> Unfortunately, old and new version of Akonadi is not co-installable,
> so in
> order to use KMail5, KMyMoney has to be removed.
>
> As I saw in previous messages, the „frameworks” branch is getting
> stable.
> Could you please release a beta or even a stable version of new
> KMyMoney to be
> able to start migrating to KMail5?
>
> Thank you very much!
>
> All the best,

Ákos,

I'll let the developers comment on how stable the frameworks branch is,
but why do you need to remove KMM?  It doesn't use Akonadi, as far as I
know.  I can't currently remember the exact option, it could be
compiled without reference to KMail, and the only issue would be not
being able to get contact information.  I don't know how many people
actually use that feature - I personally do not - so I don't know if
that would be a realistic option.