[Kmymoney-devel] find transaction using T number

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Mon Nov 9 06:54:34 UTC 2015

Hi,

On Monday 09 November 2015 00:28:08 jeffjl.kde at outlook.com wrote:

> I'm looking for a way to find the consistency check problem transactions
> using the T0000000... number reported.
>
> When I googled this, I found something that said use the Edit/Find
> transaction dialog.  I can't see how that does it.  And in looking through
> the MyMoneyTransactionFilter::match() function there is nothing that looks
> at the transaction.id().
>
> I am using KMM 4.7.2.

AFAIR, the search feature is only available in the git master version which
might not be available as binary package for your environment. The Find
transaction dialog is not the right place to drop the transaction ID: use the
search bar above the ledger instead.

> Am I missing something or is this capability not provided?

If that does not work, your version is a bit too old, but you could use a text
editor and take a look at the .kmy file. After all, it's just a gzipped XML
file. There you can search for the ID to get some more information about the
transaction.

Please be aware to have a good backup before you play with the contents. See
https://docs.kde.org/stable4/en/extragear-office/kmymoney/details.formats.html
for more details.

Hope that helps.

MicroSoft Windows - from the people who brought you edlin