[Kmymoney-devel] Problem starting Kmymoney

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sun May 24 06:19:30 UTC 2015

Hi Paulo,

the problem is the blank used as thousands delimiter. Use a dot there and
things should be working. KMyMoney does not support a blank at this position
for internal reasons.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Thomas

On Saturday 23 May 2015 23:22:36 Paulo Freire wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm running a Plasma desktop on my laptop, I've installed Kmymoney but I'm
> unable to run it since it complains about the decimal separator. I've tried
> to change the decimal separator from the default "," to the one used in
> english systems "." but still the problem persists. I've seen other users
> from Portugal complaining about the same, so this seems to affect only
> users from Portugal.
> I'm using Arch linux, some print screens to show the definitions where it
> fails to start and the error message:
> [image: Imagem intercalada 1]
>
> [image: Imagem intercalada 2]
>
> kmymoney --v
> Qt: 4.8.6
> KDE Development Platform: 4.14.7
> KMyMoney: 4.7.2
>

> Can you please fix or give advice on how to solve this?
>
> Thank you very much,
> Paulo Freire

Why is it that all of the instruments seeking intelligent
life in the universe are pointed away from Earth?