[Kmymoney-devel] Guidance needed please

aga agander93 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 10:43:52 UTC 2015

Having pushed a bug fix, I then needed to to cherry-pick to 4.7.

With my previous struggles doing this, I took some care.  However, on
doing the git rebase 4.7, I think it was, I got a couple of screens full
of whitespace errors (hundreds) and many many conflicts.

Assuming it was down to me, I backed out and tried again, with the same
result.  And again.

So, I decided that it must be that a lot of content of master needed
updating on 4.7.  I started to work my way through the issues, and it
went on and on and on.  Anyway, when I got to 1.30am, I stopped.

I haven't pushed, and there is still more to do, but I don't know how
much.  Most seemed related to the online banking changes, and it now
occurs to me that it may be, or is likely to be, that some of the mass
should not be getting added to 4.7, possibly not bug fixes but new
features.  I don't know, and the conflicts don't indicate to what issue
they relate.

Have I been wasting my time?  How do I know if a conflict needs to be
sorted for 4.7?  How do I proceed with the conflicts, and what do I need
to do to ignore a conflict, if that is what is required.

I'm hoping that the work I've done is not totally wasted.

Thanks.