[Kmymoney-devel] Online-banking in KMyMoney

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Thu Jun 4 08:02:43 UTC 2015

Hi,

On Wednesday 03 June 2015 22:26:46 Christian Dávid wrote:

> Am Sonntag, 31. Mai 2015, 22:20:27 schrieb Thomas Baumgart:
> > After the latest changes in AqBanking (which actually only affect
> > transaction  download) I have used the SEPA transfers a few times on an
> > iTan managed account. I have yet to test it against a smartTan managed one
> > (e.g. Postbank).
>
> I mainly use smartTan which is called chipTan by my bank.
>
> > So far things look good. I am seeing the following issues so far:
> >
> > 1) BIC: for internation transfers the BIC is required but not for national
> > ones. But I have to enter it for any transaction before I can actually
> > store  or send a job. Can we add a national/internation switch somehow and
> > get rid of BIC entry for national transfers?
>
> This was actually a bug. I'll needed some time to find it, I just pushed the
> fix minutes ago.

Thanks. Saw it, updated and built it already. Will give it a spin later today.

> It is even more intelligent than a switch: KMyMoney checks if the IBAN of
> the origin account and the beneficiary's IBAN match and if they are from
> SEPA countries. If both is true, the BIC is not required.
>
> > 2) We have the capability to store account information with the payee
> > object  but we cannot re-use them while creating transaction jobs. It
> > would
> > be great that the beneficiary in the transfer creation would be tied to
> > the
> > payee objects and collect account information from it.
>
> Sure. Unfortunately this is quite some work. I plan to create a
> QAbstract...Model which reads all payees and creates a list of all IBANs
> etc. from it. Qt has no methods/classes to handle multiple completion,
> because if you select a payee by name, it must be able to complete the IBAN
> and BIC field as well (<- here is the "quite some work").

This sounds like a base model with two separate sort/filter proxies on top,
where the one for the account information is controlled by the current
selection in the payee widget. Does that make sense?

> > 3) Some banks (the one I use for example) does not send the transaction
> > posted  as part of the statement download until they actually processed
> > it.
> > In case of a weekend with adjacent holidays this could be several days
> > (e.g. last weekend at Pentecost). I created a transaction Friday night and
> > did not see it in the account's ledger until Tuesday. It would be cool if
> > the logic could create a KMyMoney transaction in the ledger (which can
> > later be matched by the data of the statement) so that the user has
> > instant
> > feedback on the charge/deposit.
>
> It's my plan that sent transactions automatically are entered as scheduled
> transactions – this was actually one of the main reasons for me to start the
> development.

That sounds very logical and to me the right thing to do.

If it's there and you can see it, it's real.
If it's there and you can't see it, it's transparent.
If it's not there and you can see it, it's virtual.
If it's not there and you can't see it, it's gone.