[Kmymoney-devel] Feedback

Briertys oldbri at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 05:16:08 UTC 2015

Hi
I am a new user of kmymoney and after trying a number of other
alternatives I find your program pretty good.

Just a couple of small suggestions. I had some troubles in the Ledger
page, entering transactions, until I figured that the transactions and
the transaction entry (modification) sections are two separate sections.
I then found the colours bit in the settings section and changed the
alternate background colour to orange and all was clear. Suggest you
consider this for a default - to make life easier for newbies.

Also I had troubles with the Dividend re-investment Activity, and with
an Australian Tax arrangement called 'Franking (or Imputation) Credits"
. To work around this I created a Dividend Account called Dividends plus
Cash C/fwd and an account called Franking Credit.

I enter a Dividend Re-investment with franking credit as follows:

1.    Activity:    Dividend
         Security:    ABC Company (or whatever)
         Account:    Investments:Dividends plus Cash C/fwd
         Interest:    Dividend Re-investment plus Cash (Category)
(Perhaps you could rename "Interest" as Income)

2.    Activity: Buy Shares
         Security: ABC Co.
         Account:    Investments:Dividends plus Cash C/fwd     - No of
shares and price per share.

3.    For Franking Credit
         Activity:    Dividend
         Security: ABC Co.
         Account:    Investments: Franking Credit
         Interest:    Franked amount $...

Otherwise a very nice product. Hope these comments are useful.

Col Brierty