[Kmymoney-devel] Cherry-pick to 4.7

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sun Jan 18 07:32:36 UTC 2015

Hi,

On Sunday 18 January 2015 01:06:31 aga wrote:

> On 17/01/15 15:56, Christian Dávid wrote:
> > Am Samstag, 17. Januar 2015, 13:11:45 schrieb aga:
> >> I have done a cherry-pick previously, but am not confident of the
> >> procedure, and I don't want to goof.
> >>
> >> Please could some kind sole spell out the steps for me please.
> >
> > I know only the technical side:
> >
> > git checkout 4.7
> > git cherry-pick -x commit
> >
> > then recompile and check if what you changed worked out. But I do not
> > think we are doing more than that. To make the distros happy you should
> > not add any features, just very safe bugfixes.
>
> That's what I finished up doing.  I had a note from a while back, which
> was misleading, but I got to the bottom of that.
>
> However, I have a problem.  This commit is just a single line delete, I
> think there is a big difference between HEAD and 4.7, so far as the CSV
> importer is concerned.  My one line patch becomes much larger, because
> HEAD includes Revision 50f7b6c4.
>
> OK, I think I understand this bit now.  That large change gets omitted
> in the pull from 4.7, so doesn't affect the patch.
>
> Next problem.  I've done the cherry-pick and have checked the diff.
> However, normally I push to master like - ssh-add ~//.ssh//id_rsa && git
> push kde:kmymoney, but I think I need to push to 4.7, but I don't know
> the exact address to use.  I've had a few guesses, but don't want the
> police calling.

I do

     git push kde:kmymoney 4.7

w/o the ssh stuff you do up-front, but that part might differ for you
depending your local setup.

If you want to verify that the last commit (your cherry-pick) did the right
thing, you could always see the last commit on the current branch using the
following command:

     git diff HEAD^..

which is actually

     git diff HEAD^..HEAD

but one could ommit the final HEAD.

> Apart from that, it would be good to have all the steps necessary to do
> a commit to 4.7

By now, you should have them all:

 - git checkout 4.7
 - <do what ever is necessary to add your changes (commit/cherry-pick)>
 - <which includes your testing>
 - git push kde:kmymoney 4.7

and don't forget to switch back to master ;)

Embedded Linux: because you can't do control-alt-delete on a pacemaker.