[Kmymoney-devel] libOFX question (relates to recent OFX failures with Chase credit card downloads)

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Dec 13 17:10:32 UTC 2015

Seems perhaps I've been a bit confused with the various upgrades and
installs and attempts at frameworks related stuff

On 2015.12.13 04:53, Thomas Baumgart wrote:
> On Saturday 12 December 2015 12:36:02 Jack wrote:
>
> > On 2015.12.09 19:38, Jack wrote:
> > I'm replying to the original message since this only peripherally
> > relates to the proposed patches to libOFX and KMM.
> >
> > I have succeeded in accessing my Chase account using:
> > gnucash    2.6.9
> > aqbanking  5.0.25
> > libOFX     0.9.5
>
> To me it looks like aqbanking has its own implementation and does not
> use libOFX (based on a very short glimpse into the source code).
I agree, although it's confusing that aqbanking does require libofx if
you enable the ofx back end (which I suppose is different from the ofx
used with the hbci backend?)

> BTW: latest version of libOFX seems to be 0.9.10
> (http://sourceforge.net/projects/libofx/files/libofx/)
I see now that it is available in Gentoo - just not marked stable yet.
I'll upgrade shortly.

>> (I find it odd that to activate OFX direct connect in gnucash, you
>> have to enable hbci, there is no separate flag for aqbanking.)
>> <CLIENTUID> is only referenced in file in aqbanking
>> src/plugins/backends/aqofxconnect/plugin.
> >
>> What I'm curious about is whether KMM could use aqbanking for this
>> (while waiting for the libOFX related changes).
>
> KMM uses AqBanking and you can setup an account mapping for it. The
> first step would be to create a user/account in AqBanking. Use
> Settings/AqBanking Settings in KMyMoney and the 'Create Account'
> feature to select the backend. (see attached screenshot). I don't
> know what needs to be done then as I have never used that path. Also,
> I am not sure if you need to setup a user before to get things
> working.
An, as with gnucash, I need to enable hbci in order to use aqbanking.

>> However, based on trying to compile the frameworks versions of KMM,
>> am I correct that KMM 4.x requires aqbanking < 5.0, so it would only
>> be possible with the frameworks branch only?  (I can't quite test
>> myself, since I don't have quite enough of the frameworks versions
>> of stuff installed to complete the cmake.
>
> Nope. The 5.x in AqBanking is not related to Qt/KDE 5.x at all. This
> is what I use on my production system:
I now see that, at least looking into the Gentoo specific deps.  I'll
have to try all this again when I've had enough coffee, and nothing
else hanging over my head.