[Kmymoney-devel] libOFX question (relates to recent OFX failures with Chase credit card downloads)

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Dec 12 17:36:02 UTC 2015

On 2015.12.09 19:38, Jack wrote:
I'm replying to the original message since this only peripherally
relates to the proposed patches to libOFX and KMM.

I have succeeded in accessing my Chase account using:
gnucash    2.6.9
aqbanking  5.0.25
libOFX     0.9.5

(I find it odd that to activate OFX direct connect in gnucash, you have
to enable hbci, there is no separate flag for aqbanking.)
<CLIENTUID> is only referenced in file in aqbanking
src/plugins/backends/aqofxconnect/plugin.

What I'm curious about is whether KMM could use aqbanking for this
(while waiting for the libOFX related changes).  However, based on
trying to compile the frameworks versions of KMM, am I correct that KMM
4.x requires aqbanking < 5.0, so it would only be possible with the
frameworks branch only?  (I can't quite test myself, since I don't have
quite enough of the frameworks versions of stuff installed to complete
the cmake.

As a more general questions, I'm curious what the difference is in
using aqbanking vs just libOFX to get OFX direct connect.  I don't
otherwise need aqbanking for anything, so for me would it just be using
an extra layer?