[Kmymoney-devel] KMyMoney suddenly not entering transactions

Jack ostroffjh at frontier.com
Tue Aug 11 19:50:21 UTC 2015

On 2015.08.11 15:16, Eric Bonney wrote:
> Just recently I discovered that I am unable to enter new transactions
> into
> my KMyMoney file. I am using the SQlite storage option and running
> 4.7.2.
>
> I haven't entered anything in a week or so, but today I was catching
> up my
> checkbook and it wouldn't let me enter anything. After filling out the
> transaction details and clicking ok, KMM looks like it saves it, but I
> never see it entered into my ledger and my account balance is never
> updated.
>
> I have resorted to entering all new transactions with my Android app
> for
> the time being. I have not yet had time to try and save my file to
> back to
> the traditional KMM file format yet but I may give this a shot
> tomorrow
> night if I get time or if someone else doesn't have any other ideas.
>
> I installed the package from Clay's PPA if that makes any difference.

My first suggestion would be to run from command line to see if there
are any messages output to console.  I would also check for any SQLite
messages.  Separately, you could try saving to a .kmy file or even
creating a new one just for testing, to see if the problem persists.
If not, the problem is somehow related to using the database back end.