[Kmymoney-devel] kmymoney odd behaviour

Charli chl at mora.me.uk
Tue Apr 21 14:06:20 UTC 2015

Hi kmymoney devs -

Bug report - slightly irritating

account picks up the wrong payee if you edit the payee field after
setting up the transaction

On "scheduled transactions" among the "Transfers" the payee put into the
ledger is sometimes incorrect. The program seems to pick an old payee
instead of the one saved in the scheduled transaction panel. This
appears only in the account receiving the money; the account paying out
picks up the correct payee

Comments - possibly relevant:

I have just created a further testing scheduled transaction and entered
it twice. Both seem to have worked OK

I have now edited the payee in the newly-created schedule. The
newly-edited payee appears OK in the account the money is transferred
from, but the payee comes up as the one before editing in the account
receiving the money. I am using the "Pay to" option on the left side of
the scheduled transaction window

I have just tried editing an earlier scheduled transaction (which hasn't
been edited before), and it too is now showing a wrong payee (ie, the
pre-editing one) in the account receiving the money; the account paying
has recorded OK. It is now, after editing, showing the same error as the
other

Hope this helps you

I should say - thanks for this program; I've been using it for several
years having transferred data from Quicken. It satisfies by OCD
tendencies and it wonderful when I have to hassle my kids and partner
when they go spending-mad

Charli