[Kmymoney-devel] odd backup error

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Tue Apr 21 11:00:57 UTC 2015

Hi,

On Monday 20 April 2015 11:55:59 Cristian OneČ› wrote:

> > Hi,
> >
> > On Monday 20 April 2015 09:34:13 Cristian OneČ› wrote:
> >> [...]
> >>
> >> On Windows the backup feature was working as expected since the
> >> installer provided a 'cp.exe' and an 'echo.exe' from the unixtools [1]
> >> package. If we backport your fix we have to update that.
> >
> > Would it make sense to use 'echo.exe' on the Windows platform in the
> > meantime? What do you suggest?
>
> The best option would be to write the code in a way that eliminates
> the need for a noop process stage. I can replace 'echo.exe' with
> 'true.exe' in the installer until this is no longer necessary.

Valid point, but it was not as easy as to do a s/echo/true/ ;)

Ok, please do the replacement for the next Win-Installer-Version. I won't
change the source (unless I fix the feature for good as you suggest). Please
cherry pick into the 4.7 branch if you like.

Got Mole problems? Call Avogadro at 6.02 x 10^23.