[Kmymoney-devel] Blank payee

Jack ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 23 23:46:55 UTC 2014

Somehow, during all my OFX adventures, I have managed to create a payee
with a blank name.

   <PAYEE matchingenabled="1" matchkey="" email="" usingmatchkey="0"
id="P000854" matchignorecase="1" name="" reference="">
    <ADDRESS street="" postcode="" telephone="" city="" state=""/>
   </PAYEE>

I just disabled matching, which hopefully will prevent any further
transactions assigned to it, but I can't figure out how to deal with
the existing ones.  If I select that payee in the Payees View, I see a
dozen transactions - all buy or sell investment transactions.  If I
click on one of them, it takes me to that transaction in the ledger for
the investment account.  If I right click on that transaction, I do see
"Go to 'InvestAccount (Brokerage)'" but "Go to payee" is not
selectable.  In the brokerage account, there is "Go to 'InvestAccount'"
but "Go to payee" is also not selectable.

Is there anything I can do, other than manually edit the data file and
remove the 'payee="P00000854"' from every split where it shows up?

I'll see if I can find any of these transactions in a downloaded OFX
file, or maybe try to download one of them, to see what in the OFX
might have originally caused it.

As always, thanks for any suggestions.

Jack

(I'm also trying to find a good state to make a copy of the data file,
and open in in git head, to see whether the problems with several of
the recently addressed bugs are fixed for my case.)