[Kmymoney-devel] BIC Autocompletion (help neeed)

Jack ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net
Fri Oct 3 14:47:05 UTC 2014

On 2014.10.03 05:56, Christian Dávid wrote:
> Hi,
>
> does anyone know if I can upload the files published under [1] to the
> kde
> repositories? This implies two questions:
> Does the Bundesbank allow to publish these files (in another format)?
> Can I put the offered files under an open source license?
>
> Greetings
> Christian
>
> P.S.: What about the files offered at [2] and [3]?
>
> [1]
> http://www.bundesbank.de/Redaktion/DE/Standardartikel/Aufgaben/Unbarer_Zahlungsverkehr/bankleitzahlen_download.html
> [2]
> http://www.six-interbank-clearing.com/de/home/bank-master-data/download-bc-bank-master.html
> [3]
> https://www.ecb.europa.eu/paym/t2/professional/participation/html/index.en.html

I can't offer a legal opinion, but it might be best just to ask those
organizations.  I also don't think you can change the license unless
the original license explicitly allows it.

As an alternative, would it be possible to do what the OFX importer
does, which is to download the list when it is needed?  That way you
know the data is up to date, and the license remains directly between
the institution and the user.