[Kmymoney-devel] Current KMyMoney crashing on startup on OSX due to custom patch to kdelibs4

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Fri May 23 11:53:57 UTC 2014

Hi Alvaro,

On 23/05/2014, at 8:54 PM, Alvaro Soliverez wrote:
> Hi all,
> Just for reference, we don't do anything OpenGL-related

Huh???  Where does OpenGL come into this?  I did
-graphicssystem raster on the command-line when KMM produced
the log I sent you.  What I see appearing on screen is a KMM splash
widget, then, for a fraction of a second, a main window.  Then the app
terminates itself (using "exit()" perhaps).  So the problem is occurring
just a few seconds after KMM starts.

Ordinarily "raster" graphics are not enabled in Qt4-Mac and that is
a major problem in a lot of KDE apps, but when we enable them in
KMM … this is what happens.  Other KDE apps work better with raster.

> (I can only
> think of report charts, maybe). We use standard components for almost
> anything but a calendar input, that doesn't even get loaded until
> opening one of the views.
> We do use some components that are uncommon, but they are KDE too.
>
> I'm completely puzzled at why it's happening. Is it happening for
> Calligra too? We share components with them.

I don't think anybody has yet succeeded in building Calligra on Apple OS X.

> Is there a crash with more information that might point us in the
> right direction?

No, no crash, just the stderr log.

As soon as I can get a testbed for KDE built from source (I am close now),
I will try building KMM.  If I succeed, I can compile in debugging messages
to help narrow this problem down some more.

Cheers, Ian W.