[Kmymoney-devel] csv importer

Chris DeveloperChris at rebel.com.au
Sun Mar 23 10:23:31 UTC 2014

Hi Alan

Not sure if you are seeing the same thing as I am, but in kubuntu I had to
increase the maximum size to 300 not reduce it to 280.

After that I was able to successfully import a file (sans scroll bar). But
not without some confusion.

Firstly if you click cancel it asks you if you want to quit or restart
kmymoney?! This would be very confusing to a novice.

Secondly when importing it does not ask which category to add the
transaction to if your file does not contain a category column. Should it
not attempt to match the category to the payee? I know in the past when
importing qif files that is how it worked and how I would expect it to work.

Lastly once you imported a file or cancelled the import you can no longer
import any more files. The CSV menu item in the files menu is grayed out.

As far as testing other wizards I am not sure what I should test. I viewed a
few dialogues but none looked like the import wizard and all looked ok to my
inexperienced eyes.

Chris