[Kmymoney-devel] Building Dev Tree [Was Editing Multiple Investment Transactions]

Allan agander93 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 10:52:26 UTC 2014

On 10/03/14 01:05, Michael Garrison Stuber wrote:
>> The fix is not in 4.6.4, as you discovered, but is in the development
>> branch.
>>
>> Hopefully not tempting providence, I would say that the development
>> branch is more stable than the 'stable'.
>>
>> Allan
> Thanks.  I'm trying to build the development branch, but I'm struggling
> with dependencies.
>
> I followed the instructions @ http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/KMyMoney
>
> I did a git clone of *git://anongit.kde.org/kmymoney*.
>
> When I do a cmake I get two errors.  I'm currently running Kubuntu using
> the LTS branch (I tend not to care whether I'm on the latest and
> greatest.  I'm on a relatively low bandwidth link, so sucking down
> patches every day becomes annoying).
>
> CMake is complaining about the version of LibAlkimia being 4.3.1,
> instead of the required 4.3.2.
> It's also complaining about KActivitiesConfig.cmake /
> kactivities-config.cmake missing.  A little googling suggests that I
> need KDE4.7 for KActivities.
>
> Before I start trying to resolve dependencies the hard way, can someone
> give me a high-level description of what I need to be running to build
> the development release?  (i.e. upgrade to Kubuntu version X, or
> subscribe to the unstable channel of packages A-Z.) Alternatively, can
> someone point me to a more detailed build page so that I can RTFM?

As far as I can see there is no up-to-date documentation on
dependencies.  There is a section on installing on
http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/KMyMoney, but that too is out-of-date.
  The section on Debian dependencies in fact applies generally, but some
of its dependencies are actually optional, such as the aqbanking ones
and ofx.

I made my own list - cmake build-essential g++ libkdepimlibs4-devel (for
QGpgme) gpgme libgpgme libical-dev libboost libkactivities-dev
libgmp-dev libalkimia-dev, but even some of those may not be up-to-date
or overtaken.

Installing the latest KMM version from your distro may bring in most or
all of what is needed.

Work has started on updating documentation and this area is an important
candidate.