[Kmymoney-devel] Feature request

David Houlden djhoulden at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 13:44:55 UTC 2014

Roy,

On Sat, Mar 1, 2014 at 10:50 PM, Roy O'Kelly <roy.okelly at rjokelly.com>wrote:

>  I'm very familiar with double entry and understand the purpose. I
> confess I have not tried your demo, but the majority of complaints I see
> from users seem to center on the double entry menus. I would use the same
> entry menus that Quicken, MS Money and others use. It would be one or two
>  lines within an account that accepts the category of the expense or an
> account name if the transaction is a transfer to/from another account e.g.
> a transfer from checking to cash. It would also have the Payee, amount, and
> room for a note. It would look a lot like a check.

I have used KMyMoney for about eight years now and I suggest you try it and
make your own decision. By the way, it's not a demo, just get the full
featured program for free and use it. I think you will be surprised how
close it is to what you want.

KMyMoney is a program I use nearly every day. It is excellent and the
developers are responsive to questions, suggestions and bug reports. If you
try the program and then come here with positive suggestions backed up by
facts rather than criticisms based on what you have read somewhere then you
will find out for yourself what I mean.

Regards,
Dave.