[Kmymoney-devel] Frameworks

Jeremy Whiting jpwhiting at kde.org
Mon Jun 30 21:02:02 UTC 2014

Marko,

Not having even looked at kmymoney frameworks port but having ported
other things to Qt5/Frameworks I'll clarify a bit.

On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 2:55 PM, "Marko Käning" <mk-lists at email.de> wrote:
> Hi Cristian,
>
>> Sorry that I didn't get to announce it yet :) but here it goes... the
>> porting to frameworks has begun. I've created this page [1] so we can
>> coordinate the port between us.
>
> really cool that you already got it build. :)
>
> My 1st question is related to the necessary dependencies for KMyMoney
> (without having checked the code yet): Is the assumption correct that up
> to now it needs "only" the KDELibs4Support KF5 framework?
It's not very likely to be able to build using only KDELibs4Support.
Just as it wasn't likely to be able to build any Qt4 application that
only used Qt3Support.
KDELibs4Support contains the old (sometimes deprecated) kdelibs 4 code
that isn't in any of the frameworks at all. So in order to port you
typically first port to Qt5/Frameworks (whichever ones you need)
including KDELibs4Support, then port away from KDELibs4Support (to no
longer use deprecated classes, methods, etc.) The first step building
against Qt5/Frameworks and KDELibs4Support is runnable and works fine,
but uses deprecated methods is the only drawback.

Hope that helps a bit,
Jeremy

 Is it correct