[Kmymoney-devel] Bug# 294268- Investment prices have only two decimal places on reports

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Wed Jan 15 14:22:17 UTC 2014

Hi,

On Wednesday 15 January 2014 19:46:54 Abhijeet Nikam wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I created an investment account as Alvaro had instructed.
>
> What I could find out that:
>
> 1. When I created an account with precision of 5 or 4 decimal places, the
> home page shows most of the details with precision of two decimals.
>
> 2.Even after making the settings to 4 or 5 decimal precision from settings
> option, only the price on the report changes according to it. Other report
> specifications still stick to the 2 digit precision like the home page
> specifications.
>
> 3.The precision on the charts depends on the fuction in kBalanceAxis.cpp in
> reports where precision is set as 2 and is not affected by the settings
> option.
>

> Should I set the precision in KBalanceAxis.cpp as 4 or try to link the
> settings option to it?

I think the correct way would be to use the fraction of the investment. This
can be extracted using MyMoneySecurity::smallestAccountFraction() and is thus
variable among the securities. Tying it to an option setting is probably as
bad as setting it fix to two digits.

A: I hear that if you play the Windows XP CD backwards, you
 get a Satanic message!
B: That's nothing. If you play it forward, it installs WinXP!