[Kmymoney-devel] Proposal: Moving KMM site to KDE

Cristian Oneț onet.cristian at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 14:29:12 UTC 2014

> On 22.02.2014 02:30, Alvaro Soliverez wrote:
>> Hello all,
>> I chatted with Ben Cooksley, of KDE sysadmins, about the possibility
>> to host our site in the KDE infrastructure.
>>
>> - He was in favour of hosting kmymoney.org directly in KDE servers
>> - If we only need basic php/html, we can do it via a git repository.
>> AFAIU we only have html in our current site
>> - The release tarball can be hosted in download.kde.org, which is
>> mirrored worldwide
>>
>> It will take a fairly large amount of effort to migrate the valuable
>> content to a new site, but I think it's worth it.
>>
>> Opinions, doubts, thoughts?
> You may take a look at the KDE hosted umbrello home page
> https://projects.kde.org/projects/websites/umbrello-kde-org, which has
> been migrated last year from sourceforge.
> It and several other websites uses a KDE provided framework
> http://community.kde.org/KDE.org/Capacity_HOWTO. The advantage against a
> full cms is that you only need html and php knowledge and the migration
> is limited to setup the menus and wrap html files with
> header.inc/footer.inc. You may see the umbrello.kde.org git log for that.
>
> There are also hints how to setup a local development environment, see
> readme-apache.txt

Thanks Ralf for the details about how this should be done. It's much
clearer now (I had a vague idea about it because I heard about
Capacity back when it appeared) so it's a +1 from me to move the site
to the new infrastructure. I think we should start by creating an
empty KMyMoney website in the repository and add to that by moving
piece-by-piece relevant information from the old site. Once we think
that it's done we could officially announce the switch.

Alvaro can you request the creation of the KMyMoney website repository
so we can start migrating stuff there?

Regards,
Cristian